Patapsco High School & Center for the Arts
Lesson Plan for: Tuesday, 4/05/11
Topic/Title: Emotional Rollarcoaster
Grade/Class/Level: Multimedia II/III
(facts, concepts, knowledge, vocab.)
Over 50% of human communication is a result of body language
Students will be able to create a character study.
Max Escher, Sad Flower Sack
Toothless Flash Collection by tribute27
- Students will create a character for their final animation.
- Students will create an expression study of that character with at least 6 expressions
- Students will put their character in an animated short to depict that character acting happy, or sad.
Drill: Look at your face in a mirror, or turn off the computer screen, and look at your reflection. Make a happy face, a sad face, or a completely silly face! What muscles do you need to move to make those emotions come out?
Looking back at our drill on 3/22 “What types kinds of gestures define you as an individual?” how do we move to show emotion. Over 50% of human communication is a result of body language.
- Toothless Flash Collection by Tribute
- Sad Flower Sack by Max Escher
Students will take the day to work out the details to one of their animation characters.
- Using illustrator, flash, or a sketchbook, students will create a study of their character in 6 different states
- Students will show their character’s body language through a short animation depicting the character happy or sad.
- Students will be assessed on the drill (20pts per week), and the completion of the assignments.
Adaptations: Students who require more time to work on this assignment are welcome to continue over to the next class day, which is a workday. Students who finish work early may continue on their final ov